Learning with Lily

Learning with Lily

About Me

After a failed IVF in 2007 I thought I'd never be a mother. Then our second IVF worked and Lily was born in December of that year. Twins Tim and Joe followed shortly after (again via IVF) in March 2012.

Then - against all odds - I conceived a natural 'surprise' baby no.4 in early 2013... Evie was born in October of that year.

What else is interesting? I am an ex sufferer of anxiety and depression, my hubby is 28 years older than me (but I'm not weird... honest)... well, not that weird anyway

Gill Harvey

Follow me on Twitter: @4TinyTearaways

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Crushing Tiredness

When you don't have a newborn, I think you quickly forget the effect of tiredness.  Last night, even when Evie was crying, I could hardly keep my eyes open, and Ray was no better.  We're only 2 weeks in and we're already crushed...

I worry about Ray because of his previous stroke, and the fact that sleep deprivation can be a risk factor. Although we're pretty sure his stroke was triggered by a neck injury last time, there are no guarantees - and I feel as if his exhaustion is a real risk.  And for me, it makes my problems at lot harder to deal with.

If only I were Kate Middleton!  Or someone similar...  Limitless money, help when you need it, no doubt all the support you want. I know that she has refused a lot of childcare, but she has that option and can change at any time.

Yes, we are very lucky as the children are well catered for in the day-time - Lily is at school four days a week, and the boys do three days of crèche.  But in the lonely midnight hours, it's a totally different story.  And at 5.15am, which seems to be "morning" time at the moment here, the day stretches before me and I wonder how on Earth I'm going to do it...

So if anyone fancies a low paid nanny's position, including some nights PLEASE do get in touch.  Or a free French holiday with childcare built in...

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. I can come over and do a night in the holidays for you ? I can cope with a night :)

    ReplyDelete